Pokémon Tournament Index du Forum Pokémon Tournament
fou de tactique pokemon, stratége accompli ou n00b en quête d'apprentissage bienvenue sur Pokémon Tournament

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

ThirtysixYearsintheWhiteHouse28190229

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Pokémon Tournament Index du Forum -> Wi-fi -> Combats
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
jakqjanee
Battler Débutant

Masculin
Point(s): 97
Moyenne de points: 0,98

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 05:00 (2017)    Sujet du message: ThirtysixYearsintheWhiteHouse28190229 Répondre en citant

Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902)
by Thomas Franses Pendel
rating: 4.8 (15 reviews)

->>->>->>DOWNLOAD BOOK Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902)
->>->>->>ONLINE BOOK Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902)

A book of recollections of a personal character that came under Mr. Pendel's attention. It is very interesting and throws many sidelights on the life of the White House.

Pendel writes:
"In 1861, or 1862, the Metropolitan Police was established by Congress at the Capital, and I made application for and received an appointment on the force. I made the first arrest, with the assistance of "Buck" Essex. The case was that of a fellow named Grady, one of the English Hill toughs. A roundsman said to us, "Boys, you take a walk down Seventh Street, and if you see anything going on, take a hand in it." Just as we got opposite the Patent Office, this Grady had assaulted, or rather was assaulting, a young fellow with a whip. I went up and grabbed him and put him under arrest, then took him to Squire Dunn's court and preferred charges against him. The Squire was busy writing for some time. When he got through he handed me the paper he was writing, and I was so green at the business I did not know what it was, so said: "What is this, Squire?" He replied, "Why, that is the paper of commitment for this fellow. Take him to jail."

"On November 3, 1864, Sergeant John Cronin, Alfonso Dunn, Andrew Smith, and myself were ordered to report at the First Precinct, in the old City Hall, at one o'clock in the afternoon. We supposed we were to be detailed for detective work in New York City on account of the great riot then on there, especially as we were ordered to report in citizens' clothes, to conceal our revolvers, and to be sure to have them all clean and in good order. We arrived at the City Hall, and then were told where we were to go, which was to the President's Mansion, there to report to Marshal Lanham, at that time United States Marshal of the District of Columbia, and a bosom friend of Abraham Lincoln.

"These were days that tried men's hearts, and women's, too. Men were falling at the front by hundreds, both in the Union and in the Confederate armies. There was weeping and mourning all over the land. Our nation was trembling with anxiety; we were all hoping that the great strife was over or soon to be.

"Marshal Lanham took us upstairs and into the President's office, where we were introduced to him and to his two secretaries, Mr. Nicolay and Mr. Hay, the latter now being Secretary of State. We were then instructed to keep a sharp lookout in the different parts of the house, more particularly in the East Room and at the door of the President's office. "

CONTENTS
I — Under President Lincoln
II — Under President Johnson
III — Under President Grant
IV — Under President Hayes
V — Under President Garfield
VI — Under President Arthur
VII — Under President Cleveland
VIII — Under President Harrison
IX — Cleveland's Second Administration
X— Under President McKinley
XI — Furniture in Executive Mansion

Originally published in 1902; reformatted for the Kindle; may contain an occasional imperfections; original spellings have been kept in place.

Details:
price: $2.99
bound: 200 pages
publisher:
lang: English
asin: B01CBNSCFS
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 799 KB

Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902) Thomas Franses Pendel
Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902) read store amazon sale mobile Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902) book ZippyShare

Regina rated it liked it May 20, 2017 Please enter recipient e-mail address(es)Pendel's attentionWe supposed we were to be detailed for detective work in New York City on account of the great riot then on there, especially as we were ordered to report in citizens' clothes, to conceal our revolvers, and to be sure to have them all clean and in good orderYour rating has been recorded Write a review Rate this item: 1 2 3 4 5 Preview this item Preview this item Nearby libraries CheckingThe Squire was busy writing for some timeContributor: McCutcheon, John TCancel Share Permalink Permalink Copy this URL to link to this page: Add a review Would you also like to submit a review for this item? Cancel Your list has reached the maximum number of itemsOur nation was trembling with anxiety; we were all hoping that the great strife was over or soon to be."Marshal Lanham took us upstairs and into the President's office, where we were introduced to him and to his two secretaries, Mr55-63)

Print E-mail E-mail All fields are required"CONTENTS I Under President Lincoln II Under President Johnson III Under President Grant IV Under President Hayes V Under President Garfield VI Under President Arthur VII Under President Cleveland VIII Under President Harrison IX Cleveland's Second Administration X Under President McKinley XI Furniture in Executive MansionOriginally published in 1902; reformatted for the Kindle; may contain an occasional imperfections; original spellings have been kept in place21274 bookprintbook Languages: esky Deutsch English Espaol Franais Italiano Nederlands Portugus 2)2D" m , -(A) -(S) You: Sign In Register My WorldCat My Lists My Watchlist My Reviews My Tags My Saved Searches WorldCat: Home About Help Search Legal: Copyright 2001-2017 OCLCAll rights reservedThirty-six Years in the White House (1902) enlarge Author:Thomas Franses Pendel Category:eBooks In Stock Sales Rank:97,494 Format:Kindle eBook Language:English (Published) Media:Kindle Edition Pages:200 Publication Date:February 27, 2016 ASIN:B01CBNSCFS Tell A Friend Add to Wishlist Similar Items: My 21 Years in the White House Inside History of the White House: The Complete History of the Domestic and Official Life in WashinTammy rated it it was amazing Feb 10, 2017 Cite/Export Cite/Export Copy a citation APA (6th ed.) Chicago (Author-Date, 15th ed.) Harvard (18th ed.) MLA (7th ed.) Turabian (6th ed.) Export a citation Export to RefWorks Export to EndNote / Reference Manager Export to EasyBib Export to EndNote / Reference Manager(non-Latin) Cancel Note: Citations are based on reference standardsBetty Reneau rated it really liked it Jun 11, 2017 > # Presidents--United Statesa schema:Intangible ;rdfs:seeAlso > ;schema:name "Presidents--United States"en ;Shows White House, Treasury, and War buildings with block numbers and dimensions

20036, email (re photos): [emailprotected]melvin segal rated it really liked it Aug 03, 2016 Mark Hutchins rated it really liked it Oct 09, 2016 Hay, the latter now being Secretary of StateDate: 1966 Map [Plan of the White House grounds, Washington D.C.]I learned a few new facts, some of which were not so endearingExpand Back to SchoolBack to SchoolDesksPrintersCalculators FoldersBackpacksNotebooksSchool UniformsEasy School Lunches

Please try to match the 2 words shown in the window, or try the audio versionPlease enter the messageSearch All Products Accessories Baits & Scents Boots & Waders Fishing Boats Fish Finders Fishing Hats Fishing Line Fly Fishing Ice Fishing Jackets & Vest Lures & Flies Reels Rods Rod & Reel Combos Terminal Tackle Advanced Search Sitemap View Cart Checkout Location: Home Accessories Thirty-six Years in the White House (1902) It seemed live some of the tales were too shortPendel would have benefited greatly from the modern practice writing the book with a journalist as a coauthor to bring the interesting stories out of him and to get more depth.Men were falling at the front by hundreds, both in the Union and in the Confederate armiesBev Hay rated it liked it Apr 21, 2017 I went up and grabbed him and put him under arrest, then took him to Squire Dunn's court and preferred charges against himUnfortunately, these stories are presented briefly and matter of factly, and the things I would have been most interested in reading were only mentioned in passing or not at all 48a4f088c3

Thirty-six years in the White House : Lincoln-Roosevelt. [Thomas F Pendel] Home. WorldCat Home About WorldCat Help. Search . Pendel, Thomas F.
Stephen Curry: The incredible story of Stephen Curry - one of basketball’s greatest players! Jordan LoweParcours de femmes dans l'IT: 18 témoignages de femmes du numérique (French Edition)Darkness Visible #4The Library of the University of California (Classic Reprint)Silky Terrier Diets Matter: Dog Cookbook Treats, Blank Recipe Cookbook, 7 x 10, 100 Blank Recipe PagesCrochet Pattern - CP331 - crochet owl cocoon - sizes Preemie, 0 – 3mths, 3 –6mths - USA TerminologyLecture+Publique%3A+Sujet%2C+Education+Populaire%2C+Besoin+des+Ecoles+du+Soir+pour+la+Classe+Ouvriere+%28Classic+Reprint%29+%28French+Edition%29From Kentucky to the Vietnam War to Fort Apache South Bronx and Back Again Nancy Bruner WilsonMinding Their Own Business: Five Female Leaders from Trinidad and Tobago (Black Studies & Critical Thinking)Arredaesse. 1977-2017: 40 anni di storie, di uomini, di progetti, di design, di architetture ed eccellenze italiane nel mondo (Storie di Straordinaria Maestria) (Italian Edition)

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 05:00 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Pokémon Tournament Index du Forum -> Wi-fi -> Combats Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation